6:53 PM

Something Infinitely Interesting

Day 10 of the Best09 Challenge is Album. What's rocking your world?

I like my mindless music as much as the next pop radio listener, I bop along with the pop tunes and dance tracks whilst driving through traffic. (did I really just type whilst?) When I want to really LISTEN to music however, I turn to one band....Incubus. 2009 was a fantastic year for me because Brandon and the boys released Monuments and Melodies. I am not such a snob that I cannot appreciate and SQUEE to the point of annoyance about a greatest hits compilation.

The night that my cousin Beanaz and I saw Incubus a few years ago was epic.  On the drive there we were rocking out to Prince's "Let's Go Crazy". Fast forward through beer gardens, getting as close to the stage as possible, being squished to near oblivion, dancing my legs off and in all likelihood having the guy behind me masturbate during AnnaMolly (I SWEAR TO GOD!!)

Beanaz and I apres beer, pre-dancing and pre-masturbation debacle:
Incubus DHB

The lights suddenly went dim, and ominous organ music started. I frantically looked around for Beanaz and rejoiced as I heard Brandon bellow "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life...."

I was thrilled when I saw that Incubus had included their version of Let's Go Crazy on Monuments and Melodies. For your listening pleasure:





 I cannot possibly pick a favourite Incubus song, but here is a sampling in all their Brandon glory

Warning



Pardon Me - Acoustic at Much Music




Blog title lyric courtesy of  Incubus - Echo

0 comments:

Post a Comment