1:57 PM

Let The Word Out

Day 7 of the Best of 2009 Blog Challenge is Blog find of the year. That gem of a blog you can't believe you didn't know about until this year.

Three years ago, this list would have been long and exhausting. I had my own blog, read hundreds and had formed a group of BIFFs (best internet friends forever!!) that I talked to more than I talked to the person in the office next to me.
Life changed, jobs changed, and the biggest roadblock to blog overload was that my new boss sat three feet away from me and actually gave me work to do....the nerve!

So until quite recently, my blogroll consisted of celebrity gossip and photography sites. Now that I have a plethora of blog time I have discovered many gems...and I can't believe that I didn't know about Kristen until now.
I feel so many familiar emotions when I read her posts. Her life as a single mom, her love for her kid, her struggles with her ex, and the love she didn't even think was possible just showing up one day and changing her life forever. It's like she's a taller, athletic, eloquent version of myself.
The only thing I don't feel familiar with is her love for running...maybe someday...probably never, but I enjoy watching her journey nonetheless.

* Blog Post lyric title brought to you by Collective Soul - Better Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment