11:59 AM

Now I'm poundin' the Ouzo - with Mario Puzo

Best Book 09

Best Book of 09....seriously? I have to pick just one? Practically impossible.
So instead I shall categorize and decide from there.

Best Vacation Read: The Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis - no better place to read tales of ice and snow and fantasy worlds than a sandy beach in Mexico


Best Re-read of 2009: The Beach by Alex Garland - read in my bathtub...I just had to pretend it was a lagoon in Thailand.

Best Guilty Pleasure Read: The Sookie Stackhouse Books - devoured at the cabin this summer

Best Work Related Read:  slideology - Nancy Duarte - getting paid to read at work? I'm in!

Best Creative Inspiration Read: Good Mail Day - Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler


Most Repeated Author in a year Read: Chuck Palahniuk - Snuff, Choke, Haunted and I scored an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Fugitives and Refugees - A Walk in Portland, Oregon. Read on C-Train, front porch, various other locations, but most likely the bathtub.

Best Book Deal of 2009: I hit upon the greatest find of the year (IMO) quite by accident. I went to a thrift store looking for a used Pictionary Game to entertain a group of us while we "sampled" some wine on the weekend. Alas, no game.  Instead I had stumbled upon nirvana. They were renovating the store and needed to clear out their book section. Rows upon rows upon rows of books.....for TEN CENTS each. As I gathered up anything that looked remotely interesting (which was pretty much everything save the Harlequins) I sighed and said to myself "Bliss is found at the Sally Ann...who knew?"

Best Book Related Song EVER: My Baby Loves a Bunch of Authors. I just adore this fantastic ode to authors by the Canadian Band Moxy Fruvous and wanted to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment