8:48 PM

The Job That Ate My Brain

Day 6 of  Gwen Bell's Best of 2009 Blog Challenge is Best Workshop or Conference.

Deciding to give up the corporate life doesn't lend itself to attending many conferences or workshops. Or Christmas parties for that matter.
*sidenote: Rico and I decided that our evening out last night at the dinner theatre was our designated Staff Party for the incorporated biz of two unemployed bums looking for a life lightening bolt. The people beside us looked at us with a mixture of envy and pity when they asked what both of us did and we replied "Nothing...we hang out"

Before I quit my day job I did attend a few investor relations conferences (YAWWWWWN) for the oil and gas industry where my presence was required solely for the purpose of plugging the PPT memory stick into the computer for my boss and snag a free meal.
The extent of my conversations at these events went something like this:

"Which way is the bathroom?"

"Why hello chicken with baby asparagus, I'm a keyboard monkey who enjoys her gel mousepad and multi coloured post it notes. My dislikes are transit peeps who eat raw onions for breakfast and conferences with no Diet Coke ...what is it you do?"

Shocking that I left that life.

I digress....my favourite workshop or conference....will have to wait for 2010 when I plan my own.


So far most of my blog titles have been song titles or lyrics. I think I shall try and stay faithful to that.
* Day 1 blog title "Redemption Has a Story to Tell" brought to you by Switchfoot
* Day 2 - Life's a Trippy Thing - Nancy Sinatra
* Day 3 - Love Soup - some weird song I used to sing as a kid, no clue
* Day 4 - Be Awesome - no song, just damn good advice
* Day 5 - Now I'm Pounding the Ouzo with Mario Puzo - Moxy Fruvous
* Day 6 - Feel It Again - Honeymoon Suite
* Day 7 - The Job That Ate My Brain - The Ramones

0 comments:

Post a Comment